Friday, August 5, 2011

You've got no right........

To expect good health.

I didn't used to be the most unhealthy person, but obviously I was not respecting my body.  It's true what they say 'the body is a temple'.

Reading an awesome book at the moment "Join our escape from death row - cancer jail" by Barry Thomson, awesome buy at only $20.  Some really uplifting positive stories of people doing just that.....escaping their death row cancer sentence and believing they could beat it.
One story in there though reminded me of how simple it is to slip back into the "I'm going to die from this thinking", there was a woman with lung cancer, which has metastasized to her brain.......walking dead, and then she started juicing etc, two tumours disappeared and two started to shrink!!  Unfortunately though she didn't take this as extra wind in her sails for the battle......she started to give up.  "how can I beat this" "this is going to win" and she stopped fighting......these are things I too have felt, usually after visits to the oncology department.  How do they expect anyone to fight to live when they are told "do this and it won't cure you, but it may help" "there is no remission for you", god it gets me angry.  I am the only person who can save me, the Dr's don't want to.
I got me sick, so they can watch me get myself better.

Good health is not our right.  Not when we don't respect our bodies and health.  Shit things happen to people who don't deserve it, but sometimes shit things happen to people who could of avoided it.

You'll never know if there is gold at the end of the rainbow if you don't try to follow it.

No comments: