Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hero's

I was thinking today about who I class as my "hero's", and I can't come up with any obscure self help gurus or people who have overcome great adversities as my hero's are everyday people.
My list at present includes;
My dad, yes I know every girl's dad is her hero, but my dad really is.  He has lived and breathed organic farming his whole life.  He has more knowledge is one pinkie than most people I know.  He is well read and clever!  Plus he has a mad sense of humour!! There is never a dull moment with that man around.  He is kind and not worried by material things, he has always just done with what he has gotten but provided the world for his family.  He believes in me and in my journey to wellness.  I don't think my dad has ever said he loved us to any of us, our family is not really the emotion sharing centre, but I know he does and actions speak louder than any words.  I wish I could be half as smart as this man.  I respect him and I love him and I'm proud that I get to call him my father.
My mother; for obvious aformentioned reasons.  She is sometimes a wee bit mad!! But she gives everything to all of her children.  She has put up with a lot from all of us, sometimes not so silently.  But we all know what she does for us, even if she thinks it goes unnoticed.  She gave up the life she knew to move to the farm with my dad, which we all know she doesn't like!! But she is there and lives it each day and has been through all of the shit times, hopefully one day it will get easier for them!! Droughts, floods, hail, they've had it all.  Bloody mother nature can be a bitch sometimes.
Kathryn Alexander; http://www.kathrynalexander.com.au/; she is my naturopath, my Gerson's practitioner, she believes in me!  And I believe in her.  Her knowledge is unmatched and I truly trust this woman with my life!!  SO thankful that people I used to work with directed me towards her. 
Boss/Friend "M"; this is woman is truly special!! She would have to be the most beautiful, kind woman I have ever met!! I wish I could be like her!  She has been through some hard hard times but still sees the light at the end of the tunnel when I'm sure others would have given up and taken "easier" paths.  I am truly thankful to have had such an inspiring, strong, beautiful woman delivered to my life.
Max Gerson; for obvious reasons, the work that this man did is amazing!! And is being continued by his daughter and other practioners, the world needs more people who stand strong by what they believe in.

Obviously I can think of more and maybe when I'm not so sleep deprived from steroids I will take 5 to write about them but that's enough for now, but tell me yours??  Do you have a hero?  Or are you someones hero??

I hope that one day I can be my son's hero.  That would be amazing!!

It takes more than a cape to be a superhero.  It takes a good theme song!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmm hero's, you know you are already your son's hero, you don't have to wait till one day, that day is already here, the day you gave birth to him, and there isn't anyone in this world that will ever be you to him....I think what you wrote about your mum and dad is so honouring, however as a parent and yes Im old enough to be your mother too lol I would have a fair idea that YOU have also become their hero....what a decision you have made, choosing to feed your body with nutrients, give it the best possible chance, many would turn in fear to the medical profession, however your courage, determination, has faced fear and pushed it aside...that is true courage, and the qualities of a hero.....